Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Power Of 5:30 AM

Ah, another morning where I’ve managed to wake up early. So early in fact that I was practically blind with sleep when I crawled out of the bed. But, right now it’s 8 AM, and so far I’ve succeeded in getting dressed, feeding the cats, cleaning the litter boxes, sweeping and vacuuming the downstairs, folding the laundry and making the bed. All I’ve got left to do for my morning chores is wipe down the bathrooms and spend 15 minutes cleaning in my kitchen. Then I’m free to do as I please for the rest of the day. Can't beat that with a stick.

It’s amazing how much difference those early morning hours can make. I did not get everything done that I wanted to do yesterday, but I did accomplish a few things, like working on my current colored pencil drawing and setting up a new blog for my artwork. I probably could have done more, but I spent too much time writing my last blog entry. I’m keeping things short today in hopes that I’ll get more artwork done.

It’s hard to play more than one role right now, hard to be both the artist/writer and the mom, but I know if I don’t I’ll eventually snap and kill someone, most likely my poor husband. He doesn’t deserve that (at least not today). So I’m going to keep pushing myself to crawl out of bed at the butt-crack of dawn every morning. That way I’ll get the “me” time I so desperately need.

No comments: