Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Contentments - Early Mornings

Thinking more today about things that make me content. It's 1:30 PM right now, and I've had an extremely productive, yet relaxing, Sunday so far. Here's what's made my day full of contentment.



  • Getting up at the crack of dawn and having the house to myself

  • Working in peace and quiet

  • Finishing a project early

  • Working out without interuptions

  • DDR

  • Wii Fit yoga

  • Sleeping babies (especially when they're so chubby and cute!)



  • A cup of coffee, eggs on toast, and a fresh peach for breakfast

  • Clean laundry

  • Clean house

  • Time to read the Sunday newspaper

  • An afternoon free to do a little light work

  • An evening of dinner and conversations with good friends

  • Time to knit (I'm working on a belt now!)

  • Books to read

  • A cup of hot Darjeeling tea


It really doesn't take much to make me happy. Just a quiet life at a pace I can handle. I've been up since 5AM this morning, gotten in my workout and housecleaning, and I'll probably sleep like a rock tonight. And it's all good.


What do you want out of life? Where do you find your contentment?

2 comments:

Jade Twilight said...

I'm sooo jealous.

Helen said...

Of what? The sleeping baby? I'll rent her to you for two dollars. You won't be so jealous when she wakes up ;)