Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Can't Do It All...

Sunday is normally the day I cook dinner for the week. I do it early in the day so I have it ready to reheat by 6PM. This strategy assumes, of course, that I will be up around 5AM so I can get a jump on my daily to-do list.


Well, today I slept in. And that felt wonderful. And because I slept in, I got to have sex with the Hubster, because you know, I was actually in the bed when he woke up! And that felt wonderful too. And of course, there was more sleeping after that, and then a wonderful breakfast of eggs, potatoes, fruit, toast and hot tea. I managed to grab a quick workout before having to change so we could go out to an early movie. We saw Night At The Museum 2, which I really enjoyed, and then we came back home for a late lunch, and then I squeezed in a couple of hours of work that just had to get done, and as a result of all of this...


We had cereal, pizza, and hot pockets for dinner. Oh, and fresh fruit.


I was supposed to cook teriyaki chicken and sauted green beans, but I couldn't do the cooking and sleep late and have sex and see a movie with my family and get my work done. Something had to go. And that something today was dinner, because dammit, I deserve to get all that other stuff done every once in a while. Although to be honest, I always make time for work, and maybe I should concentrate harder on making more time for the other stuff.


Tomorrow is Monday. I will get up at 5AM, write, clean the house, cook, exercise, and chase after the kids. There will be no lazy morning sex, and no afternoon movie. Because I can't do it all. Thankfully, today I didn't even want to try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy i sure like how cute your little devil baby looks in that picture, looks like baby is about to throw a tantrum..but i guess that's to be expected of a devil baby!!

Helen said...

Lisa,

My kids take after me, so they're bound to have horns };)

Thanks for the comment!