Sunday, January 13, 2008

Why I Didn't Get My Lazy Ass Out Of Bed At 5AM

Here are my top five reasons for why I did not get my lazy ass out of bed at 5AM like I was supposed to every morning last week. Okay, I know some of you are going, "Why the hell is she getting out of bed at 5AM?" The answer is, "So I can get some work done before the kids wake up and start screaming!" And you probably still don't get it, so never mind. Here are my reasons.

1 - I stayed up way too late the night before, and needed more than four hours of sleep to function properly that day.

2 - I went back to evening karate classes, so I'm dead tired and I hurt like hell the next morning. Not getting up if I don't feel good. Plus I stayed up too late the night before.

3 - For once, I got to bed on time, but then my oldest daughter came running into the room at midnight screaming that there was a storm in her room. "Honey, there's a storm outside. It's not in your room." It took fifteen minutes to get her back to bed, just long enough to totally screw up a good night's sleep.

4 - Oldest daughter came running back into my bedroom a second time, three hours later, screaming that the cats were under her bed. "Are they our cats?" I ask. "Uh-huh!" she says, nodding. "Then why are you scared?" I ask. "I'm not. They just woke me up." Grooooooan.

5 - Top reason why I did not get out of bed at 5AM. I dreamt that my husband was a young, naked Antonio Banderas, and he offered to take me bowling. When the alarm went off at 5AM, I turned the damned thing off, curled up to my husband and went back to sleep. Hell, do you know how long it's been since we've had a date? No way was I missing that one.

And there you have it. My excuses for sleeping until 7AM. Ta-taa!

2 comments:

D-HOR said...

Antonio Banderes? MMMmmmmmm I think he was either the first or second "crush" that I had when I was a kid that I didn't understand was lust - but it was - and I knew SOMETHING was up - but didn't really get it. Bowling??? Don't you love dreams? ahahahahaha, bowling, ah well hopefully you at least got a look at his PIN. :P

Helen said...

I did love this particular dream. Michael suspects I dreamt about Antonio Banderas because we watched Shrek the Third that night, and I love Puss In Boots. That's the kind of Michael/Antonia I got in my dream, BTW. I swear, he could even give himself a "cat bath."