Friday, January 25, 2008

Eek! I Just Bought Some Clothes!

I don't believe it. I just bought some new boots, a new belt, a new swimsuit and a digital timer on Amazon. I'm freaking out! I spent around $100 for the whole lot, which isn't bad considering what I could have spent, but still, $100! I hate buying clothes. No, wait, I hate spending money. I actually like buying clothes, so long as I'm doing it online. I hate shopping in malls, especially with the kids in tow, because I can never get anything done. But I'm all right with buying clothes, until I get to the money part.

But, I need new clothes. I need another swimsuit, especially after blowing out my knee last night. It's going to be a long time before I can run, so it's back to swimming three times a week, and we may just stay there for a good, so I'll have to get another swimsuit in addition to the one I got. And I needed the shoes. All I've got is sneakers, sandals and hiking boots. What I got was ankle boots, which are a little dressier but great with jeans. And I've been wanting a belt for some time, just a little accessory to dress up my wardrobe. The one I got is black leather with pink skulls. How cool is that!

And the timer? It'll go on a lanyard around my neck (probably the ultra-cool Pirates of the Caribbean one Rachel got me for Christmas). I'll be using it to force me to stick to my schedule, so I don't run too long and screw up everything that's supposed to come after. I tend to do that.

In fact, I'm running too long now. Gotta get back to work.

But EEEEEK! I bought clothing! Holy cow!

No comments: