Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Mad Month Of June In Review

Usually, when I don't post much, it means there's so much going on I don't have time to sit down and breathe, let alone blog. This past month has been just such a case. So to quote Innago Montoya, "Let me explain... No, no that would take too long. Let me sum up..."

2 June - Sam's first birthday.

9 June - Michael's birthday (all I gave him was a CD because...)

9 June - the same day as Michael's birthday is also the deadline for the Erotica Readers and Writers Association theme week this month. And the theme was speculative fiction erotica, and there's no way in hell I'm missing that particular theme (they liked my story, by the way, and will be publishing it on their website next month. More details later). Of course, the writing came in the midst of...

24 April to present - picked up some actual paying work that is eating up all my free time!

15 June - Cassie's first karate belt test. She was so cute! Hiya! Pictures later, I promise.

17 June - Father's day. Michael got a picnic, my Dad got nothing, nadda, zip (see note above about having paying work which eats up all my free time).

19 June - our 14th wedding anniversary. I spent the evening at home feeding dinner to the kids. Michael spent the evening at the dojo getting ready for...

21 June - our 2nd degree black belt test! Which left us so exhausted that we barely made it to...

23 June - our next door neighbor's wedding, which was followed by...

24 June - Sam and Cassie come down with a cold.

25 June - I come down with a cold. One of my cats is also very, very ill, so I take him to the vet. Now I have to keep him in the garage and feed him food with crushed up pills in it six times a day, which is a lot of work, but it beats cleaning up cat diarrhea six off the carpet six times a day.

27 June - my cold is now a sinus infection. I am so dead tired...

And that is a quick review of the month of June in the Madden household. Now you know everything, so go to bed!

3 comments:

D-HOR said...

You told me to enjoy my toys because when I have kids I'll be too tired. But holy crap you're a writer a mom and you have a second degree black belt????? Goodness know wonder you're tired.

I'll stick with jogging and keep my toys.

I'll have one of those big LAME baby jogging strollers. Awesome.

Helen said...

I am tired, very tired. This damn sinus infection is really kicking my behind. Plus I got in some paying work, which is really nice, but takes its toll on my sleep schedule. And the baby is teething, which means she's waking up screaming in the middle of the night...

Yeah, stick to toys and jogging. When you do get that baby jogger, look out! Those things are like mac trucks. I've run down neighborhood dogs when I go out running.

D-HOR said...

Mac trucks Ahahahhahahh. Oh shit I'll end up running over a person.

And I just saw you commented on my baby farting post. Oh lord that whole baby screaming for 3 weeks and you just wishing it would fart thing is what horrifies me about becoming a mother. Well. That and about 86 other things. Good Gawd.

But thank you for the veteran comment. :) I hope teething goes swiftly for you. (ok so that's lame but I wanted to try and say something positive and happy)