Monday, May 25, 2009

After Balticon, I Came Home To Blood...

I had the absolute best time at Balticon this weekend. I will give you the details later. Probably tomorrowish later. But right now, I want to share what awaited me when I got home this evening. (Be warned, this is a little gross.)


First, there was this in the kitchen...



...apparently caused by this blunt object...



...which landed on this little tootsie...



Apparently Pixie went into the pantry while no one was looking and grabbed a can of ice tea which she immediately dropped on her foot, rim first. While she screamed bloody murder, Princess ran and found the Hubster, who then spent several minutes chasing after a shrieking Pixie, then calming and staunching the flow of blood. She ran pretty far, so there was blood all over the kitchen floor, the living room carpet, and the love seat, the stairs and the kids bathroom. Hubster was wet vaccuuming the carpet and love seat when I got home. Princess gave me all the gory details... several times in a row.


It doesn't look like any permanent damage was done. Pixie was running around on it only a short while later. But we'll probably spend tomorrow at the doctor's office and I have no idea when I'll be able to get a shoe on that foot.


But anyway, I'm glad to be home, bloody sweet home, and I owe the Hubster so frikkin' much for letting me take this weekend off that it's not eve funny. Hope everyone made it home safe from Balticon, and had slightly less bloody surprises waiting for them when they walked in the door.

3 comments:

Chooch Schubert said...

Glad you made it home safe and no permanent damage. Our return was hapily mundane. Was so great getting to spend some time w/ you!

Tell hubster we ALL appreciate his sharing you w/ us :-)

Imp said...

No blood awaiting us at home. Spawn were delighted with their horns, too.

Helen said...

I am happy to report two weeks later that Pixie's tootsie is recovering, though she still has a big ol' scab on her toe. Doesn't seem to slow her down at all though! Thanks Choochus and Alessia for all the fun at Balticon this year! The Hubster sends his regards.