Saturday, February 07, 2009

What I Miss

I miss...



  • Sleeping in on weekends.

  • Staying up late to watch movies or have sex.

  • Breakfast in bed.

  • Listening to grown-up music.

  • Having the weekend to myself, with no obligations to be anywhere.

  • Evenings out with friends.

  • Afternoon naps (mine and the kids).

  • Time to read.

  • Time to draw, just for fun.

  • Crayons.

  • Magic markers.

  • Trips to the craft store.

  • Trips to the fabric store.

  • Sewing.

  • Costuming.

  • Being Xena Wariror Milkmaid.

  • Watching Xena Warrior Princess (but only the first three seasons).

  • Regular workouts at the gym.

  • Long hot baths with bath oil and fancy body scrubs and candles and aroma therapy.

  • Long hair.

  • Red hair.

  • My pre-baby body, especially the knees.

  • Feeling relaxed and well-rested.

  • Fat, happy, sleepy babies curled up in my arms.

  • My two cats who passed away in the last two years.


I don't miss...



  • Wondering if I'll ever get pregnant.

  • Being single and living on my own.

  • Working at a 'real' job.

  • A big paycheck.

  • Not knowing what I want to do with my life.

  • College.

  • The Army Reserves.

  • The Army Physical Fitness Test.

  • Wearing a uniform.

  • Wearing a business suit.

  • My twenties.

  • My thirties.

  • My teens.

  • My acne.

  • My braces.

  • The ass-holes who tried to make life miserable for me in school.

  • School in general.

  • Any of my ex-boyfriends.


I turn 40 in a couple of weeks. There's a lot of things I miss these days. Looking over my list, I realize I can fix most of those, if I want. Then there are the things I don't miss. I'm glad I've moved along with my life and left those things behind.


What do you miss from your younger days? What are you glad you left behind?.

No comments: