Monday, May 14, 2007

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I love my husband so much that for Mother’s Day, I gave him a present. I gave him both kids to enjoy by himself all day long.

BWA HA HA HA HAAA! BWAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!

Excuse me. I didn’t mean to laugh quite so hard.

Ah yes, for Mother’s Day I let my darling husband take care of both kids so I could enjoy a little peace and quiet. I slept in... until 8:30 AM. And believe me, that’s sleeping in for me. I got to dye my hair with no interruptions. I even took a shower without anybody banging on the glass door, saying, “Mommy? What are you doing in there? Can I play in there too?”

Michael made me breakfast, lunch and dinner. Okay, Michael almost always makes me breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends, but breakfast was extra nice AND he took us all out to Dairy Queen for ice cream on top of all that. We even went to a bookstore, although I didn’t pick up any books. The only thing I wanted was $50, and I figured I’d already gotten plenty of gifts, considering Michael gave me ten brand new CDs (BMG Music had a sale!).

Poor, darling Michael. He even cleaned up cat poop for me. But now we’re back to normal life. I was up this morning before five nursing Sam, who decided to nurse until 6:30 AM. And then Cassie threw her usual morning fit. She doesn’t want to wear shorts under her dress. I say she has to if she intends to play at preschool. Oh what a scream-fest we’ve had over that. And now I’m looking at a baby who has no intentions of taking her morning nap, thus totally screwing my plans for the day. Oh well. I gave Michael the kids for a whole day and now he’s given them back. But it’s okay. Guess what he’s getting for his birthday next month.

BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!

No comments: