Thursday, September 28, 2006

Life Sucks, But Being Cranky Is Good

Having a cold sucks.

Having a broken toe sucks, too.

Being 37 and having someone tell you that you have arthritis in both knees really sucks.

Trying to take care of a baby and a preschooler who both have colds while suffering through your own cold is major suckage, especially when you stub your broken toe while trying to take care of your arthritic knees.

Finding out that being cranky means you’re smart is kind of cool though.

Okay, that’s not exactly what this article says, but still, it goes to show that cynicism pays. Now please excuse me while I tend to my snuffling baby and my (re)broken toe.

***

Here’s the latest artwork. I sort of copied the pose from a book on drawing manga, but the details of the figure are all mine. I’m going to flesh this out over the next week or so, adding hair and costuming, then work out a background setting for the character. When it’s done, I think I’ll take it into Corel Photopaint and digitally paint it. Not sure what the final product will look like, but so far it looks good to me.



Standing Figure, WIP, 28 September 2006

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I can still remember having to make scrambled eggs for breakfast for my older son while I had the stomach flu. Blech.

Helen said...

One of these days, I'll have to relate the horror story of the stomach flu my husband and I both had while I was pregnant with Sam. Let's just say that Cassie got to watch a lot of TV that day and eat a lot of sherbert and popcorn.